Sharps Farmhouse

I've been in love with this farmhouse since I was little.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Guest Room

After months of replacing plaster ceilings (what a huge mess!), refinishing hardwood floors and painting painting and more painting, we've finally finished one of the guest rooms. 


This room is one of the brightest in the house because of how much sunlight it gets. We tried to keep the light fresh feeling by using lots of white.

Almost feels like you could be at the beach, a nice thought after looking out the window and seeing over a foot of snow on the ground!
The over sized chair is tucked in the corner of the room. It's slip-covered in a white canvas.
We decided to keep the paneling in this room (along with many other rooms in the house) and painted it bright white.
Two of the pillows are linen, one with white embroidered knots and on the other pillow I sewed a real starfish.

The dresser and bed in this room were both flea market finds. Both white with chips and dings (some made by me over time), they help the room to feel cozy and not fussy. On the dresser is a collection of bottles with shell stoppers, a vintage white pitcher and a memo board made of jute and shells.
The cast iron mermaid doorstop help to keep the door propped open.

18 comments:

  1. The room is bright and airy. I love the starfish pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chandra! I stitched the starfish (it's real)to a linen pillow I already had that I thought needed something extra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this room. The florals with the beach assessories are perfect. You should really post your spaces on Houzz.com It will be much more appreciated on that site than Rate my Space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful room! I love the mix of fabrics and textures. That chair looks like a very cozy spot to sit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! You have so inspired me. I am making decisions for our bedroom and I really want a white duvet...I am going for it. Thanks for joining my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...beautiful! You have done a great job on the guest room. We are also renovating our home....I am inspired!! I am your newest follower, looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The room is so beautiful and peaceful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful room and I'm sure your guests will fall in love with it. I'm your newest follower too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was all set to say how much I love the pillow with the starfish...but the mermaid! OH MY! How gorgeous is SHE! I absolutely adore her! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO pretty! Everything is beautiful! And the real starfish on a pillow is such a cute idea.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous bedroom. The starfish on the pillow is really a cute idea and I love the bedding and the pretty white pillows. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful room at my party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have done a wonderful job, those photos should be in a magazine! I love doorstops, have one in my guestroom too as the door is always open, well don! Stopping over via Sherry's party, xoxo tami

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so fresh and bright. Great job. The starfish pillow did it for me...the rest is icing. :) Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your room is beautiful...love the starfish on the pillow!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow you have so many pretties, love, love the starfish pillow
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've got some really neat and unique coastal touches. The mermaid stopper is awesome..., love the memo board too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the statue of the mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love the bedding where did you get that comforter?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog