Sharps Farmhouse

I've been in love with this farmhouse since I was little.

Friday, November 26, 2010

2010 Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is such a special time for our family. Four generations come together, enjoy each others company, share a delicious meal and have a memorable time. All of the festivities take place at my Mom's house.


The table looked beautiful this year, glowing in shades of cream, tans and gold. Three large black lanterns were used as centerpieces with extra-large pine cones dipped in gold glitter interspersed.

The tables linens were layers of muted golds and the napkin rings were small grapevine wreaths.



Place setting were creamware with a raised pine cone motif.

Place cards were handmade by my Mom, a handsome turkey on one side and a "Happy Thanksgiving" message on the other.


The baby's chair had an adorable turkey chair backer. His belly is a small pouch that can hold trinkets, activities and gifts. Also in this picture is the little turkey headband that looked so cute!


This image is of the Giving Tree in my own home. As we counted down towards Thanksgiving, a message of thanks was placed in the pouch for each day. I'm saving all those messages as a reminder of what our family is truly to be thankful for.
potterybarnkids.com

7 comments:

  1. This table is stunning!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I found this post via Pinterest and will be featuring it tomorrow on my "tablescapes" day of my holiday series. Beautiful job! That lighting just melts me...

    Aloha,
    Charlie
    http://attemptingaloha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the table. I was wondering where you found the lanterns? They are beautiful!

    Thank you,
    Cathy P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful decoration! I like that. Where can I buy these pretty lanterns?
    Thank you,
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your table. We did something similar for a wonderful dinner at our church. We found the laterns at Hobby Lobby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found lanterns similar at TJ Max. You may also want to try Burlington Coat Factory and Home Goods.... Happy shopping

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this table setting. I am trying to create it as much as possible. How did you create the place cards? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog